1/48 Su-24M Fencer-D - The Jet Age. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK I won't make the deadline and that is for sure, to many issues, some self induced and some just exacerbated by the kit and it's designed. I will continue to work on it but is has a long long way to go.

As to the size see it compared to the F-111.

The kit has many fit issues some due to the lack of internal reinforcements and some GOD ONLY KNOWS WHY. The intakes were a huge fit issue. Both sides flared out at the fuselage mate by like a mile. I had to get a heavy rasp out to work them down and must have taken off enough plastic to have filled all the gaps on the kit. So the use of putty is a lot. The fuselage is long and wide and very little internal reinforcement is there to help with the alignment. working very slowly and tack gluing it may have been the better way but now it waves up and down the seem noticeably on the top. All the putty and filing has take the toll on the detail. so there will be a lot of work to be done there. I normally don't believe in panel lines being highlighted as I have worked on aircraft most my life and if I ever saw an aircraft that was showing up panel lines like I see on some models I would not go near it for fear it would fall apart on me. But in this case, the Russian birds form recent photos, these are DIRTY UNKEPT planes. So panels are over stated on many of the examples. Lot of work to go.

Attachments

• 47.JPG
    47.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 48.JPG
    48.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 49.JPG
    49.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 50.JPG
    50.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 51.JPG
    51.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 52.JPG
    52.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 117
Liking what I see Don and if others are agreed, we could see a bit of a time extension which may help. Keep your eye on T Bolt (Glenn's) thread.

Well thank you all, the Extension is nice but well see, it is a bondo baby.
I ran Mr Surfacer 500 on all the major seems to see where I was. The spine has a bad dip in it and I had to build that up. There are still a lot of areas where it needs filed down or gaps filled in. I go the wing fences on and the lower stabs on as well as the aft engine panel on. The fuselage was off so much I had to do some serious filing to get the one side of the engine panel to set down. I don't know if a week is enough but it'll help. I'm thinking I'll need the better part of two weeks and may drag just over that. but I think one and a half to two weeks.

Attachments

• 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 56.jpg
    56.jpg