1/48 HS Buccaneer - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If nothing else it is paint practice polystyrene. Keep her handy for when you are wanting to test out paint coverage, air brush pattern etc etc. It is too bad as the Buccaneer is one of my favourite jet powered aircraft.

Jeff

Mine was in need of a very big hammer, but I have heard of some builds which were problem free. If you go ahead, forget after market accessories, and concentrate on the fuselage joint. Once that's done, the rest is fairly starightforward.
Knowing the problems makes it a little easier to cope with - just !

From the F-111 build. Now all we need is someone to do the TSR-2.

After doing some reading on the Blackburn Buccaneer (my other build), I a tempted to modify this into a what could have been. Whith Terry's mention of the F-111K which was all part of the circle jerk going on to replace the Canberra, (also being represented in this GB). I would have to use a FB-111 kit for that or Frankenstein with the Academy FB-111. But this could be cool withe the Buccaneer and a F-111K.

From the F-111 build. Now all we need is someone to do the TSR-2.

After doing some reading on the Blackburn Buccaneer (my other build), I a tempted to modify this into a what could have been. Whith Terry's mention of the F-111K which was all part of the circle jerk going on to replace the Canberra, (also being represented in this GB). I would have to use a FB-111 kit for that or Frankenstein with the Academy FB-111. But this could be cool withe the Buccaneer and a F-111K.

After all that went tits up the MRCA which became the Torando was nicknamed Must Refurbish Canberra Again !

OK so I got started tonight and did a little. Those Brits use off colors for their airsheens. Had to translate every thing in to American. Damn it wish theyed be a speaken English like we do.:)
Any who, I stared on the seats. and one of the face curtains was broken so I pulled a Monogram F-4C and stole the curtains from it. Though they are not a perfect match I called them good of the need at hand. Till have some work to do on the seats but they are started. Also put the basics on the intakes and the exhaust. Panted the basic of the cockpit. Ill have to cut of the control stick of that phantom (I have a bunch so no loss there.) to fix that monster as Terry pointed out. It is huge.

Attachments

• buc1.JPG
    buc1.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 118
  • buc2.JPG
    buc2.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 108
  • buc3.JPG
    buc3.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3336.JPG
    IMG_3336.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3337.JPG
    IMG_3337.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 136
You take that back Karl, one can never have too many Pantoms, NEVER I SAY, and besides, you haven't seen them all, I have several more in 1/48 and five or is it six, well anyway in 1/32 and I don't recall the 72 stash. I love the Phantom almost as much as the BUFF. Thanks guys, the crying has not began as yet.

I have in 1/48, the Boscombe Downs FGRwhay is that a 1, two Revell promodler (hasegawa F-4E, 1 Hase F-4G one Testos F-4 whatever you want to try and make it, 2 More monogram/Revell F-4C/D, not seen in that photo, so that makes 24 1/48 F-4's, GOOD GOD I NEED MORE PHANTOMS.

I am sorry Karl, it is in bad taste to show off like that, but in my own defense I did not get into my F-15, 16, or even say F-84 collection. :p:rolleyes:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg