1/48 HS Buccaneer - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Terry had issues with the fuselage half's not gluing together. My major issue has been the speed brake. It has broken off 5 times so far and it just seems to want to do it's own thing. It is as you might say near impervious to glue. Still all in all it has not been overly bad. I dealt with worse kits. I also messed up the windscreen by trying to use it ti make a mold. It may be able to buff out but I will most likly not worry about it under my present circumstance.

On a lighter not I got a job, it is short term (2 1/2 month) but I got my son a job on the same contract as well and he pretty happy about it. I have a couple of hopefuls in the works as well.

Attachments

• buc56.JPG
    buc56.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 73
  • buc57.JPG
    buc57.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 90
  • buc58.JPG
    buc58.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 88
  • buc59.JPG
    buc59.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 81
  • buc60.JPG
    buc60.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 89
  • buc61.JPG
    buc61.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 78
  • buc62.JPG
    buc62.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 88
It is with some regret that I and the Buck have lost contact with each other. No really after taking a dive off the work bench and going into separate ways, it may be rebuilt at a latter time, If I can find enough of the missing parts, as for now it is for not.

No my cat did not do it, it's more my doing then anything, I was trying to clean out wing fold panel lines and I set it down, not well to answer the phone, knocking it off when I did. It went with some momentum in the flight. Not good but I have another. I may reduce it in a different confit at a latter time. The kit leads itself to wing folded and speed break deployed. It is not well designed to lower the wings and close the break. Large gaps that are hard to fill and yet need to bee seen are left. The speed break keeps falling off. Nothing seems to want to hold it. We come back to NASA trying to find out what it is. The kit requires some attention to it but can be a good build. I've seen a lot worse.

Too bad Don, I was looking forward to the finished product. I always get nervous that I'll drop a plane at the end of the build when I'm sticking on all the breakable parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back