<> **** DONE: 1/48 F4U-7 (BuNo. 33710) - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good shots there, memory playing tricks on me. There it does look like fabric. Bottom of wing 115 which I don't see those squares unless its lighting.

Well now I got myself confused LOL, Maybe tomorrow I will run down to the EAA museum and take a look at there corsair more closely. Geo is there any shots you need as I could take a camera with me though I see its a F4U-4 corsair?

Last edited:
That would be nice as I need a clear shot of the antennae system...

...also quite busy as there are at least 3 of them leaving the tail area. I was trying to figure out the color of the wheel wells as I have seen some builds using silver but I found 2 shots that show blue.

That would be nice as I need a clear shot of the antennae system..

You know George, I was just thinking, write an email with your questions to the museum. I have tried this in the past and have received some pictures of the area's I have asked questions on. Some times I get an answer and some times I don't. But worth a try.

I can attest to writing email to the museum. Most are usually really helpful and responsive. But I would call the museum in question first. Ask to speak with the PR folks, they will put you in touch with the best person for your subject request. I did that with 4 museums on the ongoing B-24 build and got responses from 3.

....I was trying to figure out the color of the wheel wells as I have seen some builds using silver but I found 2 shots that show blue.

I have checked on other sites with the French F4U-7 models and almost all of them indicate the Sea Blue at the wheel bays and inner sides of doors. However the initial Interior Green can be noticed at areas where the blue peeled off.

.....a bit of green showing....I like it. Thanks for the input guys, found some nice line drawings showing the 2 antenna and 3 antenna configurations (This was supposed to have been posted last night). On finals with the Do335 so I should get back to this after the Canucks torment me today

Users who are viewing this thread