<> **** DONE: 1/48 F4U-7 (BuNo. 33710) - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Here's a couple more of the wing fold stuff.


DSCF0008.JPG
DSCF0009.JPG
DSCF0010.JPG
Duxford  May 2011 112.jpg
 
Great shots, no problems now if the outer wings don't fit properly. Hope to start in earnest later today
 
pretty damn fine closeup shots....
 
While that was drying I attacked the engine, 26 attachment points for 3 parts
 
Oh I was busy in more ways than one. First the parts....

001.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG

​
.....now the next busy. Searching through all of my paint for interior green, I could only find a half full bottle of old Model Master Acryl. No instructions on how to thin it so off to the interwebs in which I found one article saying it was airbrush ready but could benefit a few drops of "Universal Thinner". WTF is universal thinner, quote I? Another quick search and I found it is something I don't want for half a bottle of paint so trusting the first site I sprayed full strength. So far so good but when it came time to clean the AB...:banghead: First I rinsed everything with water and then used lacquer thinner for the first time. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, everything jelled up so I spent the next hour running Tamiya Thinner, Vallejo Airbrush Cleaner, lacquer thinner...repeat repeat repeat until everything started flowing again. Anyhoo.....this is also my first attempt at pre-shading.

011.JPG

​
I also did the floor and joystick part, but promptly forgot the seat parts. Not wanting to go through the cleaning nightmare again I added 2 parts Tamiya Lemon Yellow XF-8 (Flat Yellow XF-3 would probably be a better choice but this is all I had on hand) and one part Flat Green XF-5 and the end result was very close.

012.jpg

​
That's it for me, camp bus in 25 minutes. Have a good week gentlemen.

​
 
Holy moly, the engine is a model all by itself!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back