>> **** DONE: 1/48 HARVARD MK.IV - Prototype / Weird Aircraft / Trainers

It's a lot worse when it's small/thin parts that are that way. Even with my small scalpel it's 50-50 it's going to break.
IMG_2030R.jpg
 
Sometimes parts that small break when you bring a knife near them! Frustrating. I think the next big advance in kit manufacture is going to be some form of 3D printing which will hopefully get past these issues. Don't think it is anywhere near cost effective or even able to produce the level of detail needed but it is coming!
 
I bet with a fine enough hot wire it would work! Never thought of that Geo! Not a bad idea! Have to give that a try!!!
 
The next bit 'o fun....

003.JPG

​
Painted the engine Tamiya Metallic Grey and then coated with Citadel Black Ink.

004.JPG
 
Thanks Andy. Pieces are together, still need to weather the crankcase. Off to PG in a few hours to pick up the missus and grandkid at the airport having spent a week on the coast.

001.JPG
 
doin' ok there George....
 
Good stuff Geo. I remember having to carefully cut all of those sprue attachments for the push rods = shudder !
 
Thanks gents. Did a test fit of the main parts and not to shabby, especially at the wing roots.

005.JPG
008.JPG

​
There will however, be mud. I think this can be minimized with some sanding

011.JPG
 
Just catching up, looks good Geo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back