**** DONE: 1/48 He 162A-2 Volksjäger - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here it is re-painted with 82 and I like it a lot better. I think I'll try the 81 first on the engine, even though it seems greener I think the contrast with the 83 I just painted might be enough, if not I can always re-paint it with browner 61 I have.

P5041766.JPG

It just goes to prove you can't tell how a color will look on the model by looking at the paint in the jar. I really didn't think the 81 I had was going to look right but sprayed it on the engine housing anyway and it turned out to be just about perfect.

P5061769.JPG

Last edited:
I decided to go ahead with the RLM 76 re-paint

Re-masking
P5061770.JPG

Repainted with RLM 76
P5061771.JPG

How it looked afterword. Much better :)
P5061772.JPG

Here's the start of the nose stripes. The tip will be red and there is a black decal stripe that goes to the rear of the white
P5061773.JPG

That's about all I can do for now. I'll be out of town this weekend so no more work on it until at least Tuesday.

Nose colors finished, Future gloss applied and decals finished.
A bit more painting to do then I'll put on the dull coat

Edit: Just compared these pictures with a photo of the original and realized it had a swastika on the tail that wasn't included on the decal sheet. I have a sheet of them somewhere and will add them tomorrow.
P5111774.JPG
P5111775.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice, Glenn. I noticed the color drawing in post #1 shows a black swastika with white outline and in post #5 the drawing show white outline only which is what I would think to be correct.

Geo

Looks really good Glenn! What's that circular mark on the tail under the swastika in the photo that Wojtek posted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back