**** DONE: 1/48 Me262A-1a KG(J)6 - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers Guys, going through the filling and sanding process for joint lines and for some odd reason this kit has an odd line running around the lower edge of the fuselage and needs to be removed as shown by the red arrows, it's on both sides....also the joint line shown by the yellow arrows in themiddle section of the lower fuselage panel has been filled and sanded. The good thing is this aircraft has panel lines top and bottom of the fuselage so minimal sanding or filling work is necessary...

Attachments

• 56_Fuselage edge seam line_4475.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 57_Fuselage Edge seam lines_4478.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 85
Looking at photos of unpainted fuselages, would agree - 'non existant'.
Only a short panel line is visible between the wing leading edge and rear of lower nose panel, centre fuselage section flat bottomed minus wings.

(Pic from Squadron/Signal Me 262 walkaround)

Well, those lines are disappearing....today i worked on getting the gun covers and upper hinged panel into place but they just were not going to go in place nice and neat, there was going to be a gap or gaps and some misalignment somewhere so after careful consideration I decided to align the 2 covers to the rear and bottom of the bay and tomorrow will review the fit of the hinged section at the top.....most likely there will be some plastic card going in there somewhere..to get the best fit and look.
Then i will fit the other nose sections to suit....

Attachments

• 61_Gun Covers_4488.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 62_Gun cover_4490.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 63_Gun cover_4491.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 64_Gun Cover_4496.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 67
Looks like the nose wheel well plus wide tabs to support an upper decking to me Terry. Photos from same book.

Great work Wayne, and I think the drawing below shows what they were aiming for with that top gap - dosen't seem so wide in photos of actual aircraft (optical illusion?)

Nice. Is that a chunk of metal up front, in addition to the nose weight?

The whole internal piece is a metal weight shaped for the wheel well...and supporting the plastic gun bay sections.

Thanks for looking in Guys, the next pics show the upper piece between the guncovers...big gap either side.....and my whipped up plasticard substitute which gets rid of unsightly gaps!
Also fitted the nose section, also not a perfect fit but quite a bit of adjusting, that is dryfit sand and scrape spots...repeat to get the best fit...once secure the improving will begin...

and just for good measure after getting things to fit how i see best a quick fit of the nose cap shows another issue to deal with...

Have

Attachments

• 65_Nose Weight section_4542.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 66_Gun cover Top_Original__4521.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 67_Gun Cover Top_Original_4522.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 51
  • 68_Gun Cover Top_Plastic card_4528.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 69_Gun cover Top_Plastic card_4530.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 70_Gun Port section_4539.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 71_4535.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 72_4541.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 51
Thanks Dave, I always do lots of dryfitting before I build to get a feel for how things will fit and to think ahead for when problems are likely to occur, this also helps with the sequence in which I assemble the various components...

Users who are viewing this thread