**** DONE: 1/48 Mosquito Mk IV - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That my fellow builder is a great looking result.......

Are you ghonna do what I do to the clearance lights??? Drill a little hole 1mm deep from the back of each one and dab a bit of red in the port side and green in the starboard!!!

You've done a fine job there.

I probably will it seems it would be the right thing.

Very nice! Is that the '43 high altitude paint scheme?

Not certain there to the answer on that it seem when I was over @ the IMPS site it was a late war scheme just not sure about high alt. it seems Coastal Command would operate at lower levels :dontknow: But I might pull out the book to get an answer tomorrow just getting in from work ATM .I just have always really liked this scheme ;)

I am glad you guys like it this one has been alot easier than the MkIV from Revell I have at 60% completion with less parts.This kit is a gem to build and might have to get another or p/u the Airfix 1/24.Cheers

The later Coastal Command colour scheme, used on Mosquito and Beaufighter, was designed for low-level operations, mainly over the North Sea. The Banff Strike Wing, flying from the north of Scotland, operated low level anti-shipping and coastal strikes to Norwegian waters, flying over the grey ocean, where the upper surface colour really blended in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back