<-- **** DONE: 1/48 P-38G Lightning - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,
This morning all is running again :D
Here is the cockpit finished with some wires and photo-etched parts
DSCN2908.JPG
DSCN2910.JPG

DSCN2911.JPG
DSCN2912.JPG

Do you paint the wires with enamels? I would think acrylics would have a tough time being applied to copper? Having said that I am not sure why just a feeling?
No problem painting acrylics over copper wire for me. I usually cover my cockpits with several airbrushed layers of paint prior to brush painting the wires so those airbrushed coats act as a primer. I use acrylic paints almost exclusively (Tamiya and Gunze-Sangyo).

Do you paint the wires with enamels? I would think acrylics would have a tough time being applied to copper? Having said that I am not sure why just a feeling?

Yes Robert, I paint the wires with enamels. I never tried with enamels but apparently as John said, no problem :thumbleft:

I had a charger for a laptop computer, the cats ate the cable so badly I had to order a new one, but when I stripped the insulation off the power cord itself I got a lot of nice shiny copper twisted wire! So that when in the kit bag for the next build! Thanks guys!

Hello,

I had a charger for a laptop computer, the cats ate the cable so badly I had to order a new one, but when I stripped the insulation off the power cord itself I got a lot of nice shiny copper twisted wire! So that when in the kit bag for the next build! Thanks guys!

Finally, these cats done a good job :rolleyes:

The cockpit is ready to be closed with some tin in the nose ( 30g) and in the motor housings (10g each). Some panel lines have been engraved...

DSCN2913.JPG
DSCN2914.JPG
DSCN2916.JPG
DSCN2917.JPG

To be continued... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back