<-- **** DONE: 1/48 P-38J Lightning - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well she is wearing a coat of gull grey before I spray the aluminum. Props except for decals are done. That was a a lot of fun getting 3 colors to work together. The black is Vallejo flat black, and the yellow is Vallejo insignia yellow. But I had to switch to enamels for the red. The Vallejo red was way too thin and would have taken many many coats so I used some Model Master Enamel red.

Also have a pic of the bits and pieces left to go on. Straighten one gun barrel and repaint them after I spray the aluminum and olive drab colors. Had to remark the entire canopy because as I was cutting the last bit off I slipped and yanked most of the masking with me, then managed to cut myself pretty good. Seems I will live, but added a new scar on my left forearm to join the collection!

P2080039.JPG

P2080040.JPG

P2080041.JPG

Thanks guys, did not want to add another layer of the thicker primer so I went with Vallejo gull grey well thinned. Also added back some rivets that i sanded away. I am starting to get the hang of the rivet tool, I have 3 I have been learning. A Trumpeter tool that works well but is fairly large so hard to get into tight spaces. The other 2 are the Rivet-R and the Rivet-R mini and I highly recommend both!

Final coat of main paint on, just adding the color bits. Still have the insides of the engine nacelles and the nose, fix the guns etc, but she is getting close! A little bit of overspray to correct.

P2110001.JPG
P2110003.JPG
P2110004.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back