<-- **** DONE: 1/48 P-38J Hill's Angels - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

To Whistlingdeath... thank you for that comment! Yes, it has been a long time since I've completed that build. I'm not sure if I glued the props in place or if they were simply pressed in. If it is the latter, I can easily make the switch. I honestly, didn't even consider the possibility that the two props were different but that's a great observation and I am thankful to have learned something new. To Andy and the rest of the WW2aircraft crew... I stopped posting here because I stopped modeling period. Not sure what happened but I have not been actively working on a model since early June. What started as a temporary break from modeling to attend a funeral in Hawaii has stretched out to a very long hiatus. Is this what happens when you lose your modeling mojo? I have a few unfinished projects (1/48 Bf109G-6, 1/32 Fw190D-9, 1/32 Me262) that I've boxed up for now. I want to start again but every time I'm at home, I end up doing something else. Everything else is fine... no health issues, my marriage and family life is great and I've had a great fishing season this summer and fall. I'm just lacking the desire/impetus/excuse/reason to get back on the modeling bench. Has anyone else experienced this?

Great to hear from you John. I was worried that you got fed up with us and left or that something more serious happened. Glad to hear that everything but your modelling mojo is intact.

I've had the block at times as well and it just something that happens. I can't say there's any way out of it other than finding yourself in the right mood to resume. Now, you guys down in SoCal have year round nice weather. Our summer months are pitifully short and that's when my modelling activity tapers off as well as I have to cram lots of things into a short time. However, I can rely on the fact that cold weather and 16 hours of darkness will eventually drive me back to the bench with a hot cup of tea. Be patient and hopefully we'll see you back here soon. Thanks for checking in.

Hi John, glad you checked in.

i am on a long period of not building also, no time when i have the mojo, no mojo when i have the time.
have decided to jump in the next GB to hopefully break the spell.

great to hear things are well

Good to see you back John.
I've also been finding it hard to get back to the bench - I haven't done any model work since early July.
I keep looking at a couple of un-finished projects from passed GB's, and three kits I have to get done for a commission, and keep saying to myself "Right, tomorrow, I'll get back to the bench !"
That's a lot of 'tomorrow's" gone by though !!

Yep, you're right !
I thought that 'short story' would only take a few hours to type, but it took 23 hours, non-stop, resulting in very stiff wrists, and the following day lost due to catching-up on sleep !
But this weekend, I will get back to the bench ......... I hope ........ maybe !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back