<-- **** DONE: 1/48 P-38G Lightning - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,
Weathering almost done...
DSCN2989.JPG
DSCN2990.JPG

Andy, I think she will be done Sunday. It remains to do exhaust traces, antenna wires, canopy, armament and front wheel and some other details that I haven't yet seen for the moment :rolleyes:

Andy, I think she will be done Sunday. It remains to do exhaust traces, antenna wires, canopy, armament and front wheel and some other details that I haven't yet seen for the moment
And it's the case !!! :mad: I just noticed that the first series of P-38G (42-12687 thru 42-12766) were equiped with the side-hinging canopy... I have to mask and paint this another little part of the canopy...!!!

Looks great Steph. We've extended the GB by a week anyway so don't rush it.
Finally, It's a good idea :rolleyes: :D

They came out looking very realistic!
Thanks Robert :)

Hello,
The masking tape I use is not masking tape...!!! :lol:
It'is tear-off adhesive paper used in the automotive industry to temporarily maintain the electrical cables (wirings). I've got black and white (more thin). It's the same as "masking tape". ;)
Step 1 of the painting
View attachment 365842
View attachment 365844

And some work
View attachment 365843

Finally I changed my project: this P-38 will be P-38G-1-LO SN42-12715 "white 19" flown by Tom Lynch from late December 1942 to early March 1943: victories 4 to 9 + 1 damaged.
Here he is after the 9th victories (3 March 1943)
View attachment 365845 View attachment 365846
The next aircraft flown by Tom Lynch was my initial project "white 10" SN42-12859 flown from late March or early April 1943 when he was appointed OC 39FS (24 March 1943).

Here are some great photos of p-38F/G/H from 39FS: Replica in Scale: We're Back, Thoughts on a Strange Hobby, The Fighting 39th, An A-26 Office, and The Last Thing You'd Expect to See Here
I can not define the color of the rims of the main landing gear. I thought it was blue (the same as the color of the unit) but it looks too dark. Do you think it is just the soiling that makes this effect as dark? :confused:
Are there any photo sources for these P-38s flown by Lynch?

Are there any photo sources for these P-38s flown by Lynch?
I didn't find any photo which clearly shows "white 19" SN42-12715 (It seems that these infos are from LogBook or ground crew)
You can find photos on post #2 and infos on post #9... Since this build, I read (I don't remember which book) that "White 10" was the O.C. 39FS's mount and it was the case for Lynch from late in March 1943 (maybe confirmed by the photo taken with his "White 10" after his 10th victory on 8 May...)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back