++ **** DONE: 1/48 P-63C - Military Conflicts of the 1950's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spent some time today cleaning up parts and glued the wings together. Not too bad of a fit
P9112160.JPG

Most of the pictures of the French P-63s in NMF show very prominent Dzus fasteners, probably due to the weathered condition of the aircraft. The kit has only engraved panel lines so I decided to add the Dzus Fasteners with a tiny drill. The first picture is a close up of the picture of this aircraft that Wojtek posted earlier in this thread showing the prominent fasteners in many of the panels. The second picture shows the fuselage half I added the holes to, and underneath the fuselage half that I haven't started in on yet
362095_f2cceb024c767e49102465406b5d1d43 - Copy.jpg
P9112159.JPG

I sanded down all the surfaces getting rid of the rough finish then glued the 2 pieces of the cockpit together and found they didn't fit as good as I had hoped. It took an hour of messing around with it adding in the nose gear well and exhausts as well and finally got it all to fit together.

P9192162.JPG

P9192161.JPG

That's the downside of resin cockpits... getting them to fit between the fuselage halves. Looks like you got this one under control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back