**** DONE: 1/48 Potez 631 - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Didn't have a lot of time this last week but did accomplish a couple of things. I have the seats assembled and in place on the floor. Did some research also into how the cockpit should look.

Cockpit_potez_630a_zpsssgdideq[1].jpeg

20151207_094758.jpg

Also did a lot of experimenting with the instrument panel since I don't have an PE alternative. In the end I may have to use the kits panel :( which doesn't look good.

20151129_160134.jpg

Experimentation started with cutting up a beer can and flattening out the aluminum. Then I used the old panel as a template to get the relative size and started drilling out the instrument cluster. Pretty difficult to do and tore the metal somewhat meaning I needed a thicker metal. Tried a brass shim and got the same results. Then I tried using adhesive foil over card stock. Did ok for awhile but that drill bit tears it up in the end. At one time had a descent panel constructed but tore it up by accident in the end. I'll keep trying as time permits.

Last edited:
Good start on the interior! I think the kit IP looks rather good. It seems to have some sharp detail that could be painted up to look decent. It also looks to be accurate based on the picture you've posted. Your control stick seems to upside down though!

I agree with John re the instrument panel - it looks like it could be fine if carefully painted. And yes, the control yoke has been mounted upside down on your model.

Ok, getting back to modeling. My new job has kept me very busy building and running wiring harnesses and installing connectors. Not enough time in the day to focus. Funny thing though... they needed to have fabricated a few items and asked if I could do it. I said sure and proceeded to make a couple of items from metal and plexiglass. Next thing I know they want to send me to sheetmetal classes. Apparently the big bosses saw my work and were impressed. Who says modeling doesn't pay. :)
Trying to get some items done today. Noticed the yoke has bike chain attached to wires to move the ailerons. Working on this along with some valve handles for the oxygen bottles. Pix soon. :)

Thanks guys, by the way I studied the directions again a found that the directions are incorrect. I had originally attached the control yoke in accordance to the instructions provided. Thanks for pointing out the photo difference. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back