**** DONE: 1/48 Potez 631 - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, here are a couple more items I've done. These are the aileron control cables seen in the photo. Currently making more oxygen bottles as the model only has one and there should be three.

20151213_211621.jpg

20151213_213059.jpg

I'm currently researhing the oxygen bottles. The German bottles were light blue; US had yellow, green, steel with green top or od green; British seems to have had steel or od green. So far I have not found anything other than steel or white for the French but I have my doubts. The kit has errors in the instructions so I just want to be sure. Does anyone know what color French oxygen bottles were at that time?

I would say .. the white. But you may ask Waroff about the colour. He seems to be the man who can know the detail.

I like the work you have done so far! I have the 630 (dayfighter) version of this kit, and hopefully one day I will have the courage to do it. I look forward to seeing more, and I will be following this closely!

Thanks guys, I'll go with white. Been busy at work and relatives. Finally got a day to myself and the Potez. Mostly reading and research and searching for ca glue. Here are a couple of photos of what I did have time for.

The horizontal stabs didn't look right to me. first off the trailing edge was square and way too big. So I took a sanding stick and file and thinned it out as far as I could without loosing too much detail. Then I attached some stretched sprue to complete the tapper and give it a proper edge.

20151225_212918.jpg

20151225_212948.jpg

Interesting thing I only learned recently was that control surfaces were all dope and fabric. Found this out during a trip to an air museum. Of course I didn't take pictures of the whole plane like everyone else. Instead I did close ups of all the details a modeller would need to make a realistic plane. Like wheel wells, hydraulic lines, control surfaces, hinges, and minor details most photos overlook. Will have to post later if anyone is interested.

Nice job on the corrections - neatly done.
And yes, post the detail pics you took, it'll be interesting to see pics of an aircraft not often modelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back