**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk IIa - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good start. Is that RAF interior green ?

Charles

Nope. It's a custom mix that is actually really close when not viewed under a CFL. The last of my RAF interior green went into the garbage after the paint debacle, and I'm not paying 9.00 bucks shipping and waiting two weeks to get more. My LHS is good but limited.

good job bruce, now weathering de interior to integrate the green is very light or by the pics it seems

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Finally found some time to get some work done ( the weather has been beautiful ) and put up a post. The Airfix cockpit it somewhat lacking in detail, but in all fairness, you can't see much anyway. Certainly not enough to justify an aftermarket detail set, although I did add Eduard belts. What is provided in the kit is more than enough. The only complaint I have so far is with the instructions. The number callouts and illustrations could not be said to bear a striking relationship to the sprues. Must be a result of updating the kit. I decided not to drop the door and it just does not seem worth the effort with what is in the cockpit. Maybe next spitty. Tomorrow I should be able to start gluing up.

100_1136_640x480.JPG

bruce nice interior only thing for my taste is very new I'm of the cockpit a little dirty not much just a little

Looking good Bruce, and I agree about the aftermarket details set - just not worth the effort or cost in this scale, especially with the door flap closed. Careful painting and shading, maybe the odd bit of scratch-building, is normally enough to give the desired effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back