**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire MK.IXc - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good progress Geo. And modelling wouldn't be modelling if there weren't a few fit problems to test us along the way !
But then there's your favourite - one or two properly fitting areas in the odd Hobbycraft kit ..... !!!

Back from PG, 12cm/5" of snow fell and one tractor trailer in the ditch. It happened just before we got there, driver OK. Odd thing was, it happened in the middle of a long straight stretch. Anyhoo.....all advice is welcome John, sometimes we forget what we know and end up doing it the hard way. I've got about 4 or 5 Hobbycraft kits in the stash Terry and they will probably stay there, though I am toying with the thought of a captured Ar 234 for this GB....maybe. Did some sanding on the wings and got a better fit so I started gluing them to the fuselage.

Geo

Thanks guys. Going to go a bit slower now. With some sanding and filing this is where it sits. A bit of putty is in order. Rudder is also on.

002.JPG

Geo

ID lamp applied and flooded front and back with puzzle glue. Did a bit of cleanup on the elevators and got a better fit. The other side has been glued since the photo.

002.JPG

Geo

Thanks Andy. Put down the first coat of MSG on the bottom and shortly later it hit me...invasion stripes, leading edge stripes and fuselage stripe...

001.JPG

Still not sure how I'm going to recreate the removed/weathered stripes.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back