**** DONE: 1/48 Tempest MkV - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Actually my holy grail is an immaculate surface finish. I am still challenged by dust particles, good gloss coat for decals, decal setting (I need to change setting solutions), and a consistent matte coat. Not completely happy with my panels washing yet either.

Thanks for all the support guys. Hope to post more tonight after recharging my camera battery.

Yup... sounds like my wish list. What are you using for your gloss/matte clear coats? I really like Alclad Aqua Gloss for the gloss coat. It's acrylic-based, easy to work with, lays down nicely (even nicer if you thin it with some Mr. Leveling Thinner) and dries quickly to a very hard and durable surface. A bit similar to Future (you can even dip canopies with it) but with, IMO, more consistent results. I've been using Aqua Gloss + Tamiya Flat Base for my matte coats. It's good... when it works. But getting the right mixture is a bit tricky. I really hate that hazy white that results from pushing the mixture too much into the flat.

My experience exactly. I still use Future for gloss and canopy dipping plus mix it with Tam FB for the matte coat. I've not tried the Aqua Gloss but will look for it. I can't get any Gunze Sangyo products where I live so anything starting with a "Mister" is out.I agree about the consistency issue with mixing the Future/FB. If you look close, I did get a bit of haze on the Tempest but not enough to write it off.

OK, thanks John. Final round of pics below. Thanks to everyone who followed, commented, and contributed to this build. The Eduard Tempest is a competent kit but a new tool kit matching the latest standards would be most welcome.

16050909.jpg
16050910.jpg
16050912.jpg
16050913.jpg
16050914.jpg
16050901.jpg
16050902.jpg
16050903.jpg
16050904.jpg

Sweet! Great looking bird Andy! I like how the outer guns poke out a little further than the inner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back