**** DONE: 1/48 Tempest MkV - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeez, that cockpit sidewall cockpit curvature is severe! Does the Tempest feature a cockpit side door? Looks like there'll only be room for the pilot's head to peak out of! Nice work on the interior Andy!

Thanks Hugh

Jeez, that cockpit sidewall cockpit curvature is severe! Does the Tempest feature a cockpit side door? Looks like there'll only be room for the pilot's head to peak out of! Nice work on the interior Andy!

No side door John. Check out how it looks with the other wall on below. Added the compass. Seat and bulkhead to be added from the back once the belts are on.

16022601.jpg
16022602.jpg
16022603.jpg

Thanks Geo. The availability of these kits seems to come in spurts. I remember a time they went for stupid money on E-Bay after Eduard stopped their initial production run. They then decided to make another limited production run several years ago and that's when I picked mine up. I think since then that they stopped production and maybe restarted again once more. Someone (Hello Airfix) ought to come up with the new one as, if it weren't for the additional resin and PE parts that Eduard put in the kit, this model would be pretty crude.

Thanks Don. John, yeah I heard about that one but 1/48 is my scale and there's nothing out there.

The wings were completely different with the Tempest introducing a much thinner chord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back