++ **** DONE: 1/48 WYVERN S.4 - Military Conflicts of the 1950's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clear coated the decals and will flat coat tomorrow. The Wyvern didn't carry rockets during the Crisis but it did carry the rails so off comes the rockets but first I painted the stubs as I didn't want to take the chance of getting paint on the "I'll never get the correct mix for this yellow ever again" yellow.

002.JPG

Removed and tidied up. The rod will be used on the back stub...

005.JPG

...rod attached and the second one from the left has been attended to.

009.JPG

Thanks men. Closer...ever closer. The main body has been matte coated, I successfully fixed the small rip on the tail "J" and the rocket rails went together smoother than anticipated. Not 100% but good enough.

002.JPG

The trained eye will notice the ejector chutes. I should have dealt with these before the rails

Thanks guys. Getting the lil bits together now. Instructions say the bomb is O.D. but I've read different. Just trying to find the article. Instructions also say to add the tail ring but a photo of an aircraft about to be launched shows no ring.

002.JPG

Thanks guys. Painted and test fit of the spinny thing

001.JPG

A test to the aircraft shows that plastic will need to removed.....from somewhere. I just haven't figured out where yet

Thanks Andy. Gently filed away the piece the spinner attaches to and using more pressure than needed, the spinner popped into place

001.JPG

The fit is so tight I'm leaving as is, no sense tempting fate. La bomba is attached to the belly pylon and just needs a bit of touching up on the fins.

005.JPG

Should have it on it's legs shortly. 14 more thangs to install and done. Might be tonight or tomorrow night, PG in the morning if it doesn't snow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back