**** DONE: 1/72 A-10 Thunderbolt II - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vic - Yea, they do look smaller now :D

IMG_4594.JPG
IMG_4592.JPG

Cheers guys, I'm currently still sanding and filling.
Also from front on Ive noticed that one wing dips slightly on the leading edge but the other curves up, probably a plastic mold issue, but interesting enough, Ill upload a photo soon.

Here new update, Hussa!

Ive filled and sanded the wing joins, there was quite a gap even after lifting the wings angle.
I sanded down the seam, In the photos it still kinda looks like its there though, same on the underside
And Finally Ive started on the undercarriage and sanding down the munitions, I didn't realise how tedious it could be!

IMG_4642.JPG
IMG_4638.JPG
IMG_4639.JPG
IMG_4640.JPG
IMG_4641.JPG

^This last pic, (The front on) you can see the different curves on the leading edge of the wing

Also, How can I put the pics I post into an attachment box, so that their not sprawled all over the page?

Good stuff. I suspect the kit wing parts are warped - a tough fix that would normally best be done before gluing the halves together. The gap at the wing roots might have been reduced by putting one or two pieces of sprue as spreaders in the fuselage before final assembly but this may not have been possible if there are internal bulkheads that fix the width.

Not sure how to answer your attachment question.

Looking good so far, and I agree with Andy about the wing - almost certainly warped, always a difficult fix.
Oscar Wilde would probably have said "There's only one thing worse than lots of sanding, and that's more sanding" (With apologies to Monty Python!).
Re the photos, do you mean getting them into a required order? If so, once you've clicked the upload button in the manage attachments panel, the pics will appear in the box below. If not in the order required, then they can be 'dragged', with the mouse, to the required positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back