**** DONE: 1/72 A-10 Thunderbolt II - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys

Oscar Wilde would probably have said "There's only one thing worse than lots of sanding, and that's more sanding" (With apologies to Monty Python!).
^Haha, To true!
I think the wing fix will be much to difficult, so i'll just let that one slide!.:)

@Airframes, yep, thats exactly what a wanted to know. I just worded my question badly.

Looking good Tama even with that annoying permanent port spiral wing warp, looks like you have a load of under wing heavies to fit as well.

Load the munitions up will be pretty annoying, But it could be worse!
As in I have a 1/144 scale Warthog on the pile I got as a gift, and guess what? It has exactly the same loadout except of course in 1/144, haha!

Great job so far tama. It will still look great even with the woofy wings. the guys say its difficult, but possible to straighten, but i dont see how that could really be possible once assembled. Dis-assmbled, I gues you would use heat and pressure to strighten them out, but even then, risky

I am looking forward to the finished article

A slow week for me, but here's a small update!

Ive got the landing gear inplace into the wings and the foward gear is coming along nicely.
Started putting together the engines. Having to be quite careful as some pieces are missing the small tabs to hold them in place. But its no real problem, I just have to hold it as it dries :D

IMG_4720.JPG

IMG_4717.JPG

IMG_4718.JPG

IMG_4719.JPG

Update, Huzzah!

The open engine has had the final coat of paint applied to it and has since the picture has been installed with the exhaust. The engine mounting is about to be put in place, but only after quite afew dry fits. When fitting perfectly the engine nacelles look kinda off center (a picture of the will appear soon). Munitions are now done, to my satisfaction. So really there's no reason why I shouldn't start painting the craft'. If all goes well I intend to have the final Matt coat on 27th-28th!

Nails need a bit of a cut :D

Attachments

• IMG_4883.JPG
    IMG_4883.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4876.JPG
    IMG_4876.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4879.JPG
    IMG_4879.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4881.JPG