**** DONE: GB-37 1:48 BP DEFIANT - Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great Info in this build. Loving it. All this antania business is giving me a headache, no really, heat my head on a KC-135 IFF lower and broke it off in -5 degree temp back in 84. Still hurts when I think about it.

Thanks guys. I was playing with the contrast on Paint.net trying for definition so that probably darkened the color. Here's a shot with no enhancements, the part is sitting on a tin of Humbrol 78 and the paint I used was Tamiya XF-71 Cockpit Green.

upload_2018-3-20_12-33-1.png

Last edited:
Tis but a glitch. Innards before I button this up. Gonna have to work on the IP decals some more. I poked and added more solution, looked good in real time and then....BOOM.... close-up. Added a bit of wear, unfortunately that under the reservoir at the front isn't wear, retouch before closing. Added some straps to the rudder pedals. Started putting the wings together, still need clean-up done.

IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG

That's looking very neat Geo, and I agree that the instrument decal isn't that bad.
If that's the edge of the decal film (red arrow), then that may be causing the small problem..
Coat the edge in clear varnish to harden it and then, with a new scalpel blade, trim it off from the back, against a hard surface.
Feed in some decal solution and it should be fine.
EDIT:- Oops ! Forgot to attach the pic - done now !

Geo 2.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys, packing day today so nothing major to be done. The fuselage is ready to be buttoned up and a quick dry fit looks very good. Three of the wing panels are glued in and almost seamless. A dry fit of the outer wing parts shows one to be perfect and one may need a smidge of putty on the bottom. On an extremely happy note for me, my tiring search for Gunze acrylic paint has finally paid off. With the current exchange rate, the cost including shipping is just over $4CDN, That's what I pay for a bottle of Tamiya in PG but when you factor in gas and the wife's free range shopping it works out to about $300 a bottle. So, my first purchase....

upload_2018-3-21_10-44-17.png

upload_2018-3-21_10-45-19.png

Went to 6 different sites and learned a little. One guy had a wee problem with the wing/fuselage fit, another guy said it fit like a glove. No one mentioned any problems with the 5 piece fit. Re: the cross-members, one guy removed them before installing and had no problems, the others removed them after with no problems. I'm going to leave mine until after installation but first I'm going to score them until they're just holding on. The turret was a bit of a problem for half with one guy struggling. The others went from popped into place to had to remove a bit of material. It was said that because the kit was designed with Autocad(?) the fit tolerances are very slim which might explain why I had a problem with the rudder pedals. Anyhoo.....modelin'. Innards are painted and when dry I'll do the detailing. Seat and frame are just dry-fitted for painting, reservoir glued on.

Leaving the cross-members on makes sense to me as it would give (theoretically) the proper opening for the turret. Was the guy who had problems installing the turret the same guy who cut the cross-members off before installation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back