**** DONE: GB-37 1:48 BP DEFIANT - Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Decals and odds and ends, should be done in a few days. I blame you guys for this... drilled out the wing tip lights to represent the bulb, plus tools...

The next two are more for Michael when he pops in: I mentioned using poster board in his helo build. For the above shot I quartered one sheet so that it can be attached to my desk...

For lighting I use my neon magnifying lamp over head and two small LED lamps, one on either side...

I blame Vic for my use of them too tiny drills..........
They do work a treat tho.

Thanks guys. Michael, for shooting models I use an oldish Canon Elph 300 HS point and shoot, currently about 120$US. It has lots of on-board features.

upload_2018-5-27_22-26-53.png

I usually take 3-4 pics of the same shot, sometimes using different settings. I then download the pics onto my laptop and using IrfanView(free download) I can go through and delete the photos I don't want. I like this program because you can back and forth very fast to view photos whereas with a photo editor you can only view one photo at a time. Once happy with the pics I do final editing(usually just brightness and contrast) and sizing with an editor called Paint.Net(free download). I like this one because I can crop, adjust and size a photo in about 30 seconds. I have two other editors(Inkscape and Gimp, both free) but this one is by far the easiest to use

Landing gear are on sans wheels. I decided to pop in the turret to see how it looked. I don't dare remove it now as it seemed to click into place. A test fit of the turtle deck showed no problems when I glue it in shortly. I want to show what Andy was talking about in a post above. I now have three different coloured sheets so I gave it a test drive with the camera set in auto. The lighting is my two LED lamps in either side and an incandescent light in the ceiling.The colours of the sheets being sky blue, which turned out lighter in the photo, black, which looks greyish in the pic and pale blue which almost looks white.

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

In real life the colours are closest to the bottom photo but I do like the contrast of the second photo. I think in the future I'll save the sky blue sheet for detail shots only

Last edited:
I should have mentioned that I had the flash turned off. Usually for my final shots I have the flash set to "Slow Synchro", this eliminates a lot of shadow. This flash isn't as harsh as full flash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back