**** DONE: GB-37 1/48 Hawker Hurricane I - Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,

Work of the day
DSCN3742.JPG DSCN3743.JPG
:)

Hello,
Before to start the decals, I would like to show you a photo
Hurricane I, V6799, 501 Sqn, Oct.jpg

As you can see, it's Hurricane I V6799 after P/O K.W.MacKenzie was rammed by a Me109 and force-landed near Folkestone on 7 October 1940. I think the photo posted in post #14 and #17 is V6799 after reparations because of the late fin flash... But it could be V7497 too ?
But here, I wonder what color is on the tail: dark earth, dark green or possibly the red of an early fin flash ? The problem is that in Septembre, there was different markings with the "veteran" Hurricanes and the "newly" arrived in the unit during the month. V7357/SDoF (my project) arrived in a transitionnal period (1 September) and as it was said by Wojtek in post #24 and #26, even it is always shown with the early fin flash, the most probable is late fin flash and underwing roundels. So it will be like that (but I hesitated for a long time !!! :D ) and as we say: no image, no proof ! :D
:)

Here is an enlarged part of the pic. To be honest it is quite difficult to state what colour. The entire pic is of too bluish tinge.. However if you may notice the dark tone of the fin that is different from the centre dot of the RAF roundel. The colour looks more like the DG seen on the fuselage and the wing. But it s really darker than the DG ( applied freshly ? possible.. ).

Hurricane I, V6799, 501 Sqn, Oct_.jpg

I have found the pic while looking for the better copy of the pic you posted. Here is Hurricane of 17 Squadron downed in September 1940. Can you see the effect... I would say that's the same effect you might see in your image. IMHO the red colour there is very likely. However if you look at the last enlarged pic at the bottom of the post you can see that the SD-X had there the DG colour what indicates the A pattern of the camo.

Hurricane1.jpg
Hurricane.jpg

Hurricane 2.jpg

V7497-a.jpg

Hello,
Decals done ! (and finally I decided for early fin flash: aircraft delivered the 1st of September and destroyed the 15th :rolleyes:...)
DSCN3748.JPG DSCN3750.JPG

the GB being closed, should I post the pictures of the finished model in "Your completed kits" ? :)

We are considering an extension to the 15th Steph but have not yet heard from 2 judges. I would say to go ahead and post your Finished thread just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back