**** DONE: GB-39 1/32 Bf109E-4 - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gloss applied to the upper surfaces as I'm not done with the panel line work down under....
95_Gloss Coat_1809.jpg
96_Gloss Coat_1813.jpg
97_Gloss Coat_1815.jpg

Wayne, can you give details:

What gloss coat?
What pressure?
Airbrush nozzle size?

Gunze H30 acrylic Gloss
Don't have a set pressure, but around 20psi i think, not too low not too high....will have to check the gauge tomorrow when i do some more gloss.
I use a .35 nozzle should use the .5 but can't be stuffed changing the components around between sizes.

Ok decals have been started on the upper surfaces, with most applied.
98_Decals_1816.jpg
99_Decals_1819.jpg
100_Decals_1820.jpg
101_Decals_1821.jpg

I got the primary decals on yesterday, then today figured out I put the red walkway lines in the wrong place along the panel lines when they should be about 150mm further inboard......dumba$$

So out came the sticky tape to lift them and for the most part were stuck like Sh!t to a blanket and would not come off !
So plan B was rub 2 pieces of 1200 grade sandpaper together to create a finer grade and start VERY carefully sanding off the decal lines without removing all the gloss and paint if possible.......well....2 hours later, an hour at work, lunchtime, then an hour at home after work....back in business....another shot of gloss tomorrow and new lines to be applied.
102_Removing Line_1822.jpg
103_Removing Line_1823.jpg
104_Lines Removed_1830.jpg

Andy, have you checked on the one under the the Mr.Hobby name? It is the same.

Thanks Guys.....

Gauge is set at 20psi Andy but probably should be 10-15 for a lighter and better application. I've used the Gunze for so long I just know how it will go on at a few different pressures and go for it....

Ok regloss on the 'sanded' areas and the Red lines reapplied in the right position.....
105_Lines repositioned_1832.jpg
106_Lines repositioned_1833.jpg
107_lines repositioned_1834.jpg

Learned something new. I think I've always applied the no walk line along that panel line. Is it wrong?
18060311.jpg

Looks like Eduard have the access hatches in different locations too.

Thanks for the info Wayne. I don't know why but I have not found any stocks of Gunze paints at any of my LHSs.
Andy, I got mine from Japan. Unfortunately the Canadian dollar has to be above $.80 U.S.. When I ordered mine the dollar was $.82 and the price of the paint including shipping was cheaper than I paid for Tamiya in PG. Another unfortunate thing is, I updated Firefox last night and it sent my Bookmarks in total disarray so I've lost the Japanese site and a Canadian seller I had just found. If you want I can PM you the addresses when I find them'

Looking fantastic as always Wayne

Thanks Geo but I'll stick with my Tamiyas which are common here in town. I don't like having to buy online and line someone's pockets with the crazy shipping costs for a bottle of paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back