**** DONE: GB-39 1/32 Bf109E-4 - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
Username : Wayne Little
First name : Wayne
Category : Judge – Non competing
Scale : 1/32
Manufacturer / Model : Cyber Hobby / Dragon Bf109E-4
Extras : Eduard Cockpit Set and canopy Masks.

My build for GB39 will be Adolf Galland's well known and photographed Bf109E-4 W.Nr.5819.
Adolf Galland had taken ownership of this aircraft on the 7th September 1940 just after he had achieved his 30th victory.
The aircraft will be depicted a little over 2 weeks later…the 23rd September after Galland scored his 40th Victory.
At this time the rudder had the first 30 victories and the 36th and 37th victories marked in Red with the remaining bars applied in black and these were those scored in this Aircraft.
The background area behind the victory bars was still in the base RLM65 with 71 and or 02 Mottle, the rudder area above and below the bars was painted in Yellow.
This kit has had some rather favourable reviews so I thought I would have a crack at one….
Plus it gives me the opportunity to tackle another of Adolf Galland's Aircraft and certainly his most famous and photographed aircraft in it's early stage of use.

P8050817.JPG

Some Pictures....the first 3 were sourced from the internet and to my knowledge have not been published in any book to date.
the 4th Pic is sourced from Luftwaffe Aces in WWII an Illustrated History by Green Arrow Japan.
Pics 1 and 2 show the Tail/Rudder at 39 victories the different coloured Red and black victory Bars are obvious.
the first 30 and 36,37 are Red and the others in Black, most evident in pic 1.
pics 3 and 4 after the 40th Victory. Pic 3 clearly showing in it's reproduction the Yellow areas above and below the victory bars, not quite as obvious in the 4th pic.

Galland_39 Victories_a.JPG
Galland_39 victories_b.JPG
Galland_40 Victories_b.jpg
Galland_40 Victories_a.JPG

I'm always a little intrigued by your builds Wayne.
Nothing fancy, nearly no scratch building, or things added.
Simply cleaning up the parts to perfection and putting them in place.
A bit of impeccable painting and finish.
A crowd pleaser every time.
Learning by paying attention. Beauty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back