**** DONE: GB-39 1/48 Bf 110C – Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think you are going great. Ive heard that some BF110 kits can be a little tedious. which means you are doing even better.....

Don you can maybe save yourself some agitation and forget about the stuff under the cockpit floor. I think you might be able to see part if the cannons through a small openingbut otherwise everything is hidden.
Yeah, I won't be doing a lot of that but still this kit is a freaking headache with all the small PE they want you to use. The three and four part seat belt is out the window.

Good stuff Don, and I agree with Andy - only the top of the cannons, where the ammo drums attach, can be seen once all is in place.
I have another Eduard '110 to build, and I'll be omitting most of the stuff under the floor..

Thanks, I know is sounds like I'm complaining but I really am. Both the CH and Eduard kits have their pluses and minuses but the Eduard kit seems to be OVER engineered. Especially with the PE. Come on all the magazines have their own PE handle. I know I don't have to use it if I don't want to and I won't. The CH kit is intricuate as well but not as over complicated. Both are light years ahead of the old Fujimi C kit which is not a bad kit at that. If I think the PE is a killer now, wait for the B-29 for GB 40, I have four sets plus the seatbelts. You'll have to put me in restraints. I'm getting better though, Their coming to take me away, to the funny farm, Ha ha Ho Ho he he!

I followed Andy's build and drilled out the back wheel well reinforcements.

20180904_121731.jpg
20180904_121819.jpg
20180904_122211.jpg

Mounted the engine nacelles and one side did not set back all the way, the other did fine. I used a small piece of cardstock to fill the gap.

thumbnail (4).jpg
thumbnail (5).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg

Moving along, thanks for all the commits and I am getting the cockpit done. It's a very, very busy office. I used a black wash with highly watered down Valjao black paint and kept watering it down with brackish water till I was happy, brushed it off with my thumb or finger as needed. forgive is duplicate pictures come in, just trying to get the best angles. I used a white pencil on the radios to try and bring that detail out as well.

thumbnail (6).jpg
thumbnail (7).jpg
thumbnail (8).jpg
thumbnail (9).jpg
thumbnail (10).jpg
thumbnail (11).jpg
thumbnail (12).jpg
thumbnail (13).jpg
thumbnail (14).jpg
thumbnail (15).jpg

The gun nose was a real fit but I cheated and as only two guns are seen through it, I ran them through and mounted it. Then the darn thing is pushed back to far and I have more work to do on that, with the gun barrels in the way. Oh joy. The wings are not matted just test fitting, (not well I might add) so the beat goes on, the beat goes on, La de da de de, la de da de da!

thumbnail (20).jpg
thumbnail (21).jpg
thumbnail (22).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back