**** DONE: GB-39 1/72 Bf109E-3 Obfw. J.Arnoldy - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Continuing with this building. Some weathering has been done using washes and some watercolour pencils. A coat of Gunze H20 Flat Clear has been sprayed overall to allow for some pigments to be applied.

IMG_1698.jpg

The Me109 were notorious for the oil leaks and overall dusty

IMG_1699.jpg

Port side view showing overall weathering and exhausting stain

IMG_1700.jpg

Starboard side view showing overall weathering and exhausting stain

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

Slats in place

IMG_1703.jpg

The slats add a nice touch to the model

To be continued!

Well she's good and dirty!

EDIT. By the way, why not enter this in our Battle of France Group Build? You've met all the requirements so far and only have to finish by the end of November which seems like no problem for you. I can help you enter if you'd like. Only a matter of changing the thread subject and selecting a category based on your experience. No real prizes, just bragging rights and a free massage from Jan.

Well she's good and dirty!

EDIT. By the way, why not enter this in our Battle of France Group Build? You've met all the requirements so far and only have to finish by the end of November which seems like no problem for you. I can help you enter if you'd like. Only a matter of changing the thread subject and selecting a category based on your experience. No real prizes, just bragging rights and a free massage from Jan.

Yes! Please! Can you change the topic to the correct forum and change description?
I always wanted to participate but I didn't know how.

Cheers

Ok I'll get back to you soon with instructions. You can actually change the thread title yourself.

Think of what level you want to declare. Either beginner, intermediate, or advanced based on your experience level.

In the meantime I know you started your Eindekker but we have a new GB starting Nov 1. Subject is WW2 bombers. Would be great if you joined us.

Last edited:
In the title I would suggest the following

GB-39 1/72 Bf109E-3 Obfw. Jakob Arnoldy, Mandal 1940 - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

In Post 1 you should have the following edited into your existing post

Username : XXXXXX
First name : XXXXXX
Category: choose from Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced
Scale : 1/72
Manufacturer / Model : Tamiya Bf109E-3
Extras: After market additions that you may have installed into the build, coomonly added extras include decals, harness, exhausts, cannon barrels.

Then you might want to add some discussion, talking about the subject material or perhaps the kit reviews you've seen. This bit is very optional.

This is an example taken from Wayne Littles current 109 build:

"My Alternate build for GB39 will be a little known Bf109E-3 flown by Helmut Wick before he went on to become one of the Battle of Britain's top aces with 56 victories before his death in November 1940.

This Bf109E-3, 'Yellow 2' was flown by Leutnant Wick as a member of 3/JG 2 during the early months of 1940 and on into the battle of France, it is depicted sometime between the 9th and 13th June, when it shows 12 Victories on the tail.
Lt. Wick claimed his 12th Victory on the 9th June followed by his 13th on the 13th June 1940.

The aircraft was written off between these dates when during a parking mishap it accidentally rolled down a slope and was heavily damaged.

The aircraft carries the standard 71/02/65 camouflage of the period with the Hakenkreuz still located on the rudder/tail hinge line.

It carries the mottled fuselage sides unique to JG 2 at the time and To my knowledge this little known aircraft has not been modelled by anyone before? At least I have never seen it don
e".

Your build diary can be structured from then any way you like. Usually people like to document with photographs the issues and successes they encounter

At the conclusion of the build you create a "finished" thread which should repeat your post 1 of your build diary, and use the same title wording except with the prefix 'finished". There are competition requirements relating to the finished shots that you have to take.

I hope you aren't P*ssed off andy

Ive just sent the following message to wotjek, who is the relevant mod.....

Hi Wotjek

Paulo in the start to finish builds has been pursuaded to convert the entry into GB39. But its currently in the wrong place. Would you be able to move his thread to the Gb area?

The name of his thread is

GB-39 1/72 Bf109E-3 Obfw. Jakob Arnoldy, Mandal 1940 - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Regards

Thanks very much for doing that Michael and to Wojtek for moving the thread. Saved me a lot of work so not pi$$ed off at all. A lot of forum updates happen overnight for me and I just caught Paulo's agreement before heading off to bed.

Paulo, so glad you are on board and good luck!

Luis-Carlos you're next!

Michael, your avatar is fine but the new forum soft didn't fit that. I have to talk with Horse because it has to be done manually. I wrote your request down.

Thanks very much for doing that Michael and to Wojtek for moving the thread. Saved me a lot of work so not pi$$ed off at all. A lot of forum updates happen overnight for me and I just caught Paulo's agreement before heading off to bed.

Paulo, so glad you are on board and good luck!

Luis-Carlos you're next!

yes!!!!!.....

Paulo is welcome to the GB to enjoy this section.

gradient work you take companion.

mi enhorabuena gran trabajo.

my congrats great job.;);););););)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back