**** DONE: GB-39 1/72 Bf109E-3 Obfw. J.Arnoldy - Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Small parts details being added.

IMG_1725.jpg

The propeller and spinner in place. Please note the canon muzzle showing. The antenna mast on the right

IMG_1726.jpg

Landing wheels finished. Some Aluminium scratches made with Quilt pencil and some red tags made with watercolour pencil

IMG_1727.jpg

Landing gear in place

IMG_1728.jpg

Note the brake fluid line loop characteristic of the Bf109

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

Tail wheel

IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

A small setback. When I did take out the windshield masking tape I've noticed some flat clear leaked into the windshield's side panels (sorry! No photos).

I'm trying to fix it up by polishing with Tamiya compound putty.

To be continued!

It's really looking the part Paulo.
Note:- that's the prop shaft visible in the front of the spinner - the 'Emil' did not have a motor cannon, the Bf109F being the first to mount this weapon.

OOPs!!!!

Thanks for letting me know.

Problem solved. Apologies for not having the photo of the damaged windshield but hereto is fixed. I've polished it with Tamiya compound putty medium and fine until removed (or most of it), I then gave it a bth on Future Clear and left to dry overnight.

IMG_1749.jpg
Sorry about the bad photography but the arrow shows what was left of the stain

IMG_1750%2B7.jpg
Same as previous photography remarks

Continuing with the building I glued the parts on the fuselage using white glue.

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

Now is time to paint the frames.

To be continued!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back