**** DONE: GB-40 1/72 B-25J - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Then when you think you are on the run home,
fits show their ugly head.
Had to take the whole of the nose apart,
The glass was all cattywhompus, nothing fit nice.
Had to file the backside of the nose bulkhead almost flat.
But now the glass fits at the nose and the assembly fits the AC
and not long left till deadline.

40-54.jpg

Well the Fixes go on.
Wanting to hang the nose 50 cal.
Found the one I added the saddle to for the waist guns is too fat.
So I'm making a new one with trigger handles
and using stretched spru for the cables.
I've drilled .4mm holes in the glass frame to receive the other end and will glue them in place before installing the glass and painting.
Arrrrrrrgh.
40-55.jpg

Wow! It has been an intense battle against your girl B-25, but you have come out graceful and dominating all adversity.

Like you, I am in the exterior painting of my German girl and I also feel the time on top! Andy's comment (# 265) gives us some air.

I am very amused by your "Arrrrrrrgh" when saying goodbye to some posts.

Greetings amigo, and will have to reduce the days of gardening in half (at least until the end of this project)

Luis Carlos :thumbup:

Thanks guys, it's about this time in the build it falls apart, literally.
The glass house came off.
40-57.jpg

I did get the lamps inside the landing light of the wings
40-58.jpg

I didn't like the nose antenae, so I just made a better one.. Step 1
40-59.jpg

Step two, some soft wire.
40-60.jpg

Step 3, and it's ready to paint and attach.
40-61.jpg

This plane is THE HEAVENLY BODY" with the JUNGLE AIR FORCE out of FIGI islands 1942-44. This is Not the original plane, My Dad flew AERIAL Photos on bombing missions on the plane with the 390th BOMBARDMENT SQUADRON, 42ND BOMB WING. He was also the S-2 Intelligence. This plane is in Oregon at their museum there. I have pictures of him standing next to her in FIGI 1943-45. I have the model of this plane that cost $69.00 by CORGI's.

Thanks for those, my antenae is close. I can still do some bending to get closer.
Didn't realize it was off centre, making a note to self!!!

REVELL models are better their instructions are easier to read and they are more detailed. I have one B-25 from 1971 REVELL/monogram,. and it cost me $15.00 here in California. The decals are great right down to the guns and cockpit.

My five "YANKKE DOODLE DANDY" decals are custom made, just didn't want to fall short is all......
They are beauties.

So masking and priming (to find faults) a couple showed up.

Taped face of gunner glass......
40-62.jpg

Trimmed with scalpel from backside, poked hole for barrel
40-63.jpg

slipped over barrel, put in place
40-64.jpg

All primed, a couple of seams show on underside. Can remove glass over barrels, strip tape then attach glass after painting.
40-65.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back