**** DONE: GB-41 1:48 Nakajima Ki-44-II Ko - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A side note after all is done. I posted this photo of the gun sight a few posts ago.......

1557933796857.png

I thought that this was odd, surely the end of a sight would be flat, not pear shaped. If you look at the very tip you can see that there is a change in opacity so I painted around this. While looking for something else after I posted my finished thread I found a photo on the site that shows the sight

1557934428350.png

Been busy and haven't checked in here for a while. You've done a great job if finishing up the bits and pieces. Hasegawa must have hired the guy who designed the gun sight away from Tamiya because the gun sight on my Buffalo was the same thing right down to it being a pain in the a$$ to install. I accidently found a way to make it look like there are real lenses on the end of the thing. I sanded the ends flat after I painted it then polished them with one of those 3 grit nail polishing sticks. Because the stick had a foam core the pressure from the gun sight indented it as I polished it making it convex just like a lens

Users who are viewing this thread

Back