**** DONE: GB-41 1/48 P-38 - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now I am starting to understand ....Now I think I have just pylons in my kit(?) and I have two different noses and two different windscreens so maybe they did do a little research :dontknow:
The parts you need are in the instructions sheet. The good nose is in the sprue C (C9, C10 & C2) & the windscreen is G1 (glued on D8) :)

Last edited:
Copit is finished now resting in fuse daylight pics tomorrow

001.JPG

Good stuff. I expect that you'll be getting a bit of a patchy NMF finish by the looks of the black.
That is the primer filler right now Andy it was spraying so good I just kept going.I will when if comes time sand the whole plane with a sctoch brite scuff pad that is worn to a smooth finish and then apply the needed gloss black.Thks for looking in guys it will be late next week before I get to add more 5 days and 50hrs started today. ;)

I will have some pics tomorrow but have the pontoons glued up just waiting to slip in the completed wheel well(most part).The Eduard instructions are something to be desired at least for me in this kit.I think it has something to do with the two pontoons which they just show one being built and had to use the pictures to decipher whether L/R? Then the it became apparent the inboard tailfin! Then it was what gearbox to which pontoon?Then I noticed the big pipe goes outboard.Still have not decided on what skin for the plane?

Assembly continues and added weight seems sufficient .The seams around the booms are minimum.
P-38 001.JPG

The hinges on the doors are PE but do not allow to me a good fit of the doors to the wheel well.The fact that we have the WW box within the body of the boom the hinges pull the doors into far from the outside of the boom if inner box was not there all would be good.I will probably cut them off in the long run.

P-38 003.JPG

So after sanding, spraying gloss black, silver did not like it, rebuffed silver, resprayed gloss black then silver once again I am kinda OK.The plane actually has some silver panels in dull aluminum but they don't show the way I want .I will probably use MM aluminum seems like I did that in the past it worked.
P-38 003.JPG

P-38 004.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back