GB-41 1/48 P-38L - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree with Wojtek. The clear decal sheets do not hold density very well - the decal looks fine on the backing paper, but loses density when transferred to the model.
Using two decals, one on top of the other, usually works well.

I agree with Wojtek. The clear decal sheets do not hold density very well - the decal looks fine on the backing paper, but loses density when transferred to the model.
Using two decals, one on top of the other, usually works well.
Hope it gets sorted....
You know the GB has been extended til the 9th right?

Hello,

Maybe some (good) news this evening or tomorrow... I received the clear decals sheet yesterday afternoon by DHL (not by French Poste !!! :rolleyes:)
Since I hadn't enough prints made by Captain Frey to use 2 decals: one on top of the other, I made my own tests, here is the result
131.JPG

I applied Liquid Decal Film and I think to put them on the model this evening or tomorrow in the morning 8-[
:)

Hello,

Decals done (Finally !!!!!)
I didn't succeed to obtain the result what I wanted so I used decals from my spare box... The "red 131" is not exactly what it should be but it's not transparent and not too thick (due the 2 decals one over the other) :rolleyes:
Now I have 5 days left to apply gloss varnish, weathering, wheels, antenna, antenna wires, varnish again, etc...
DSCN4429.JPGDSCN4430.JPG
:oops:

Last edited:
I like the metal finish on yours over mine Steph looks nice and smooth but lets get this plane on the flight-line like pronto :)

It's looking good Steph.
Shame you didn't make the deadline - BUT !
According to the original rules,if a model is at least 75% completed, it can still be included to obtain the GB icon.

:oops: I didn't know this rule... :)
But I don't know if the picture in the post 153 can be considered as a model 75% completed :rolleyes:
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back