**** DONE: GB-41 1/48 P-38 - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It looks OK to me too.
If you want a really shiny look on at least part of the model, then it could be polished using forensic finger print powder. This is basically very fine aluminium powder, obtainable on-line from forensic equipment suppliers, and is the stuff that used to be marketed, at an inflated cost, by SNJ.
I got two, 2 oz tubs, at half the price of one of the 1/2 oz SNJ bottles, and they should last for years.
The effect can be varied, by applying more, or less, and buffing with a soft cloth (or cotton wool) lightly or more vigourously, depending on the required result.

I have some of the SNJ from way back Terry tried it just did not delineate enough for the purpose of the eye.

Got a couple of decals on

P-38 001.JPG

P-38 002.JPG

All stencils on the topside have been applied working on the gunsight and windscreen Eduards instruction's are vague followed the what the pic showed which required me to notch bottom front WS for attachment point getting there.
P-38 001.JPG

P-38 002.JPG
P-38 003.JPG

Thks Guys! Front WS in place and bottom stencils on tomorrow both booms get stenciled not much after that ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back