**** DONE: GB-41 1:48 Nakajima Ki-44-II Ko - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks. I did a test with Gray wash and Brown wash and the Gray ended up being unnoticeable.

IMG_0005.JPG

You can't tell but the panel lines to the right of the Hinomaru were already done in Gray hence the do over
IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

The last time I used the Tamiya panel Wash I left it on for 45-60 minutes. This time I waited 30 minutes and got better results

Horizontal surface done, started on the fuselage. Definitely pops out the inspection plates and rivets.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Should have this done by Monday at the latest and then I can start GB-42

:hello2:Just an FYI here. Back in March I posted in the 'Recent Purchases" thread this...

"I bought some Tamiya Panel Line paint a while ago and they recommend using their cotton swabs to remove the excess. A quick check online shows the price to be about $4.80ish for 50. Just came back from the pharmacy and got 120 for $4.99."

1557681286482.png

For this model I've used 20+ "Nail Tees" and they work great. You can see the cost benifits here. I've also used normal Q-Tips and they work just as well though there is a chance of the Q-Tip losing fibres. The plus of the "Nail Tees" is that they can get into corners and smaller areas

Panel lines are done and will be over-coated tomorrow. Doing the little breaky-offy bits now. Why can't they put the attachment point on the sprue.......

IMG_0003.JPG

.....and like an idiot..........
IMG_0011.JPG

and put a piece of brass tube or aluminum? not to suffer blindness in three weeks when trying to pierce those machine guns !!!, good job friend

Thank you. At the just about stage now, canopy, antenna and a few touch-ups. Hard to dirty up an NMF aircraft. Though its hard to see, I used Citadels Sepia wash around the wing roots and inspection panels. I got lazy and tried to use the wing walk decal; this promptly shattered so I painted it on like I should have in the first place. It kinda made me shudder a bit when I thought about how lucky I was with the probably irreplaceable tail markings.

IMG_0002.JPG

The telescopic gun-sight through the windscreen was a right pain in the keester to install

IMG_0003.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back