**** DONE: GB-44 1/48 CF-104 441 Sqn Checkerbird - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Adding the underwing sun/moon bursts. I added one at a time and let it dry before adding the next one. As can be seen, If you follow the instructions, the spacing will be narrower near the fuselage. Thankfully, because leading edge sent me a free second sheet I have a spare so when the fuselage one is dry, I'll rip up the one beside it and replace it. What can be seen on the decal closest to the fuselage is the amount of overhang. I've trimmed the other three.

1579480608485.png

As mentioned before, I thought that maybe these were sized for the Hasegawa kit but I measured the wings and though the Hasegawa wing was .5mm longer there would still be about a 3mm overhang with the decals

Thanks guys. It is odd Andy but better too long than short. All the decal were pretty much too long but trimmed up nicely. As mentioned earlier, I was going to remove the one decal and replace it with a spare when the fuselage stripe had dried. I went down an hour later and pealed off the offending decal. It came away in one piece and I laid it down. This got me thinking....maybe I can reuse it. I dipped it in water and placed it in the proper location. The fat part at the rear had tented slightly but I left it alone. I came back an hour later and noted that the decal was now laying flat and had also settled into the panel line. Not tempting fate I coated over the entire wing with Future. Currently working on the other wing. These are some hardy decals.

IMG_0001.JPG

Last of the deecals are on and resting save the four that will go on the forward gear covers. I'll give it a gloss coat tomorrow. Painting the landing gear and wheels. The one on the left hasn't had a wash yet to show the difference with a new(to me) wash. I'll do it shortly and then flat coat everything to get rid of the shiny spots.

1579652253530.png

I went to PG a few weeks ago to pick up a jar Citadel Badab Black wash but the place I go to didn't have any in stock. I saw something called Nuln Oil Shade, shade being a wee bit thicker than a wash. This is a dark greyish shade. I already have Agrax Earthshade which is a really dark shade of brown and use it quite a bit on interiors

nuln oil.jpg

Thanks all. Landing gear done until the photo showed some flash; to be dealt with shortly. Wheels are just pressed on for photo op. I did a test fit to the aircraft and noticed the half-moon notch for the front gear isn't deep enough to accept the gear. I'll deal with this when I get home next week.

1579725376621.png

Done for another week. This kite will be completed early next days off and I can concentrate on the other two. Have a good week gents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back