**** DONE: GB-45 1:48 Slovakian Bf 109G-6 - BoB/Foreign Service (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Minor setback on getting the air-frame painted. Eduard chose to have everything open: flaps, radiator doors and leading edge slats. Going to have to paint some areas RLM02 and then work out a masking routine

Thanks Sergio. This is has Eduard would have one mount the flaps. Though I have found two photos in five books showing the flaps lowered like this, most are not as aggressive or lowered at all.

1586819099148.png

A lot of material would need to be remove to set the flaps flush so I've settled on a halfway position that seems to be more standard. I clipped off the locating lugs and got a very decent fit. One side done and when the glue sets, I'll do t'other

Merci. Prepping for the yellow fuselage band and wing tips with Vallejo primer. As is my wont, it sets for 24hrs.

IMG_0001.JPG

While waiting I added brake lines to the landing gear and put together the three part tail gear. A very finicky affair. The smallest yoke part is extremely hard to pick up, never mind put it it place. I slid the wheel onto the axel, added some glue to the 1x1.5mm attachment point and dropped the smallest part as near I could. Took a few minutes to line up. A few touch-ups required.

IMG_0002.JPG

Sprayed on the RLM76 using VMA 71.046 Pale Grey Blue. I used a many settings and exposures to get the correct looking color but it was either too grey or blue. In real time its a shade greyer than the photo but still maintaining the bluish tinge

IMG_0006.JPG

I removed the wingtip masks immediately and no paint lift. I'm hoping the fuselage band will behave as it has to stay on for a day or so more

Looking good Geo. The exposure / colour balance problem is probably caused by the blue background, partly 'fooling' the camera sensor.

While I'm waiting for the bottom camo to harden I'm trying to figure out how the upper camo encroaches on the wing root. This is Eduard's rendition

1587147941682.png

If I follow that does it follow the panel up the fuselage?

rlm74.png

I've found about a half dozen different upper camo schemes for the G-6 and none seem to be a perfect match for the Eduard scheme. This one seems the closest but doesn't have RLM74 at the wing roots.

1587148320801.png

HTMODEL SPECIAL - SUMICHRAST/HOCHMUTH/AND`AL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back