**** DONE: GB-45 1:48 Slovakian Bf 109G-6 - BoB/Foreign Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The last parts of the PE, the pedals. I felt this was be a struggle and was correct. With both pedals, the part in the bender jaw managed to snap off while trying to put a bend in it so it would conform to the pedal. I managed to get the curve made and then it took a few minutes trying to attach it to the pedal and not my finger, in the end I persevered.

IMG_0008.JPG

Formed and painted pedals with the cockpit, seat and lap belts attached. Touch-ups required on the pedals

IMG_0013.JPG

The last piece to get attached to the cockpit is the interior fuel line. Eduard makes this as a clear part; nice touch

IMG_0010.JPG

Painted up

IMG_0012.JPG

Thanks guys. Getting ready to close it up, struggling to keep the P.E. parts in place. The gas line really looks the part.

IMG_0012.JPG

Besides bad sprue attachment locations my other pet peeve is installing exhaust pipes early in the build. Other manufactures can leave them out until the end but whaddayahgonna do about it

IMG_0015.JPG

A test fit of the fuselage halves shows a bit of an issue, one of the halves is slightly warped. With no locating pins/holes it'll take a bit to get right

Started gluing the rear section of the fuselage. In the mean time I started on the lower wing/wheel well section. Each wheel well is a four piece affair. Eduard would have you join three parts into one and then add it to the wing. For me, this did not work as the pieces are oddly shaped; note the flash which was the same on the left assembly as well.

IMG_0002.JPG

My solution was to glue the strut cover(?) #1 in position first. Once dry I glued them in my numerical order. A little fiddling to get #4 in position but it locked into place

IMG_0001.JPG

Some nice detail inside, I'll see if I can get a close-up once the glue has set

Last edited:
Thanks all. The mine is basically idled now running minimum crews for at least a month. Major shutdown in two weeks with lots of out of town/province contractors and they don't want to take chances with their own employees getting sick. Just did a wee bit of putty work and test fitting the wing bits together. Hoping to get a lot of modelling done in between spring cleaning in the basement

Hope you get back to normal real soon Geo. Our provincial Obergruppenfuehrer predicts some pretty bleak numbers for our economy for the rest of the year.

Doing the wing thang, one piece lower and two uppers which include the tips. I'm assuning this is to allow different variants. As with other kits, this usually brings a less than stellar fit.

IMG_0001.JPG

Fortunately this is an easier fix compared to most others, just a bit of sanding from the panel line to the tip. Note the pitot tube doing its best to depart. Hard to tell but the lower photo is actually a nice flush fit, glued after the photo was taken

IMG_0002.JPG

Didn't know that about the Buchon. Adding the bumpy bits. This required a bit of sanding to get a better fit.

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

A slight word about the filler you see. Nothing to do with the kit. This is my first Eduard kit and the plastic seems softer. Where the filler is is where attachment points were and while sanding to remove the remains I managed to create some "U" shaped divots. Anyhoo.....what the heck is this part supposed to represent....

IMG_0006.JPG

....I never noticed it before but checking line drawings, there it is. It ending up fitting pretty good.

IMG_0008.JPG

The last parts to attach were the side intake. Getting "I55" and "I54" to fit together without attachment points was pretty fiddly. I noticed that the base, "I26" didn't fit flush to the fuselage. I was going to sand it for a better fit but decided first to check some photos. A good thing as the base does stand a wee bit proud. The photos here exaggerate this a bit more than it actually is

IMG_0009.JPG

Just waiting for the wings to set up and then I'll attach them. A test fit looks good....so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back