**** DONE: GB-46 1/32 Ki-45 - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Have to ask; why covering up the engine whole? Shame of such nice work i think

Well, one thing, that requires much more detail to be added and I don't really want to take the time for it and my intention was to close it up in any case.
I did the basic paint just in case you could see more but unfortunately most is covered up....once those panels go on.
I do thank you for your enquiry and comment...!

interested in why you didnt paint yhe insides of the gear doors before installing yhe gear legs, will they not be in the way when it comes yo painting them ?

Nah...Painting them will be pretty easy i think, more important to paint the insides of the nacelles and legs and then touch up later, when I start spraying I can cover and protect stuff as I go......Painting this baby will not be done in one sitting....!

OK, SZM, LOVELY work. I am real interested in how this finishes up. Lovely work on the engines. Shame that is all covered now. I have the 335 in hand now and have been looking to over. Not sure what I am going to do regarding all the internal detail. But, those decisions are long ways into the future.

Thanks mate...!

The other Engine is now in place, ready to cover and the upper fuselage section has the 'Glass' panels in place, 5 in all....
164_Stbd Engine fitted_6099.jpg
165_Stbd Engine_6096.jpg
166_Stbd Engine_6094.jpg
167_Upper Mid fuselage_6102.jpg

Thanks Guys, been a bit busy, but chipping away, now have the other engine covers in place, fitted better than the other side....upper fuselage section also in place as are the 2 20mm cannons that project upwards and forward in this section.
Now going over the bird top to bottom so I can start looking at getting some paint started....
168_Stbd Engine Covers_6113.jpg
169_Stbd Engine Covers_6114.jpg
170_Engine Covers_6116.jpg
171_Upper fuselage & Cannons_6119.jpg
172_Upper fuselage & Cannons_6121.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back