**** DONE: GB-46 1:48 La-7 - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
Username : rochie
First name : Karl
Category : intermediate
Scale : 1/48
Manufacturer / Model : Eduard Lavochkin La-7
Extras : none

232784-12192-56-pristine.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so as i have completed entries for the transport and twin engine portions of this group build, thought i may as well go the whole hog and add an eastern front entry :lol:
Eduards weekend edition is a pretty low part count kit and the single subject is an uncomplicated paint scheme.

the kit, picture from here http://modelingmadness.com/scott/allies/previews/eduard/8461a.jpg

8461a.jpg

Last edited:
On to the seat and radio compartment, assembled and painted, the radio gear and shelf is very different to the few pictures i have of this area, the pics show the radios mounted on the fuselage side.
The red object i don't know what it is but painted it red to break up the grey !

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-343032440.jpeg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1735619635.jpeg

Now the instruction sheet has you join the radio shelf to the top of the seat, but if you do this that part will stick out of the fuselage

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1352887404.jpeg

Luckily there is a shallow depression in the fuselage side that shows where the radio shelf should sit to ensure a proper fit

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--2007550896.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back