**** DONE: GB-46 1:72 DFS 230-V - WW2 Eastern Front / Twin Engine A/C, Transports and Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How does that seating work? Back to back and facing out? Seatbelts? "Hang on and hope for the best!"
Five face forward four face backwards, seems a strange set up to me. I would image so they could exit the front and rear doors faster ? I'm not sure how the doors work though. They may have just come off or may have been hinged ?

Well the interior is done and ready to close up the fuselage. In checking some pictures it shows the seat belts on all the seats though I've only found the one real picture and it doesn't give much to what the belts looked like so I sort of just winged it on the jump seats. There is a picture of the men packed into the fuselage and it doesn't look like they are wearing the belts. Maybe the picture is just "posed" I can't imagine not wearing them on this ride ! maybe they didn't because they had too much equipment ?

belts.jpg

DFS_230_Interior.jpg

DFS230 (11)r.jpg

DFS230 (12)r.jpg

Let the bondo fly ! The fuselage halves went together well, I did have to trim some of the interior tubing work to get a good close fit but otherwise piece of cake. The top and bottom are both flat so the seam showed up and needed a fair bit of mud and sanding to smooth out. Next, the wings and then ( cue twighlight Zone theme) The teeny tiny microscopic exterior fiddly bits and then primer. Fumble fingers don't fail me now ! Seriously, some of the parts ae so small I'm having problems picking them up with tweezers, don't know what to blame, eyes, fingers or the Earth is moving ???

DFS230 (14)r.jpg

DFS230 (15)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back