****DONE: GB-47 1:48 Lockheed F-5E lightning - WW2 D-Day and After - Western Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Then you drive 20 miles to pickup decals and masks.
Pkg says 1/48 P-38, yeah right!!!!!! not The P-38 I need, hell no.
So now I gotta wait till Monday to go and get the Correct glass masks!!!!!
And of course the MM mask sheet has star and bar masks so the random decals I got can go back.
Vallejo has an FS 35352, RLM65 for the overall color.
I taped off the invasion stripes, covered them with liquid mask, trimed for painting the RLM color.
I swear, next will be one Out of the Bloody BOX!

Thanks for looking in guys........ there is something to be said for out of the box building!!!!!!

So as it goes, the continuing saga.
I went back the the LHS to get what I thought would be the solution, new mask kit from MONTEX! WTF!
Are all of the Montex masks like these? I hope not but I am surely going to avoid them like the plague.
I've spent too much money on masks and Gas to get me to the LHS.
So, if you have a Hasegawa P-38F/G/H kit, don't bother with this mask set, they just don't fit!!!!!!! Am I clear on this?
GB47B-43.jpg
Proof. First photo is kinda hard to see, so I cut out a detail, inverted the color and added a red line just outside the glass shape of the kit canopy. BTW the side glass mask pieces don't fit all that well either. I will have to trim the bottom triangle. I haven't gotten to the top and back glass yet.
GB47B-44.jpgGB47B-45.jpg
I just wanted to save some time of doing the masking by hand.
For all the driving to and from my LHS I could have done them with strips of Washi tape and a hole punch for the round corners.

So I'm gonna get myself a good stiff drink!!!!

Thanks for the comments and fer lookin in on me.

I've overcome some obstacles, and overlooked others.
A guy has to do what he has to do.
Some headway, masked the stripes. attachin the boooooms.
Greenhouse glass in place. Musta been feckin hot in these things.
Next, prime and paint should go quickly!
Notice enough weight in the nose from the lead under all that Perfect Plastic Putty!!!! Hoooorah!
GB47B-46.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back