**** DONE: GB-48 1:48 TBM-3 Avenger - Carrier & Maritime Patrol A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks. Horizontal stabs attached; an interlocking affair with a great fit. Wing just fit over the spars, also a great fit.

IMG_0001.JPG

As you can see, the size of the model over-powers my light booth so shots will now be moved to my 2' x 3' piece of poster board

When I first joined the wing halves together and looked at the end my first thought about the slot that the wing spar went into was "Wow....is that ever mis-aligned." but all is good and the join is pretty tight. You can see in the photo above that the wing was just push fit into place and no gaps even though its suspended

IMG_0001.JPG

Gluing the wings on now and then over to the daughter's place for breakfast. Junior Hockey all day but I might get to some modelling in between periods and games

Appreciated Don. Moved the model to the larger sheet, wings attached. The Accurate Miniatures instructions recommend adding the rudder at the end of the build to avoid breaking off the antenna, very thoughtful. The Academy instructions don't even mention gluing the fuselage together. They show the innards attached to the left side and the next panel show the fuselage together and the attachment of the tail feathers

1608937957067.png

Trying to figure out a paint sequence at the moment. I missed a few parts when I painted interior green and these will have a black base-coat as well. As previously mentioned, I'm probably going to attach the cowling halves to their respective fuselage parts to minimize what may be some minor steps This will require the engine to be installed. Right now I'm looking at tires. The kit provides treaded and smooth and suggests smooth. I like treaded as it can be treated with a bit of weathering. Off to the books and majority wins

Thanks guys. Still plodding along, nothing to show. Finished the Interior Green repaints and painted the tires. Futured the clear parts, something that could have been long ago but I tend to follow instructions. Once dry I'll add the Eduard masks and get on with the major painting

Sorry for delay guys. Major health issues; had surgery on the 13th. Hoping to get back to this shortly. While I was waiting to get put under, I noticed that the operating room was pretty bare so I asked them if I was going to get the machine that went "Bing". They looked at me like I was an blithering idiot

Good style ! Best Python movie ! Kit's looking great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back