**** DONE: GB-48 1:72 Heinkel 115 C-1 - Carrier & Maritime Patrol A/C of WWII (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just a thought and too late for you but I wonder if painting on a solvent like MEK on the areas you want to scribe might stop the polystyrene delaminating.

Just a thought and too late for you but I wonder if painting on a solvent like MEK on the areas you want to scribe might stop the polystyrene delaminating.

I tried that and I didn't use much but after a day of drying the plastic was still soft and gooey so I scraped it out and filled the divots with putty.

I tried that and I didn't use much but after a day of drying the plastic was still soft and gooey so I scraped it out and filled the divots with putty.

That is some weird polystyrene. I wonder if it's reclaimed and isn't pure styrene maybe mixed with another plastic like the stuff they make milk jugs from.

Keep up the good work 😃

Nice recovery on the model. Should look good I think. We had a heck of a wind roll through Alberta yesterday as well. A building at the local flight museum that shelters a Lancaster and other aircraft had part of the roof blown off.

Back to the Heinkel. Turns out the fuselage is the same goofy plastic as the wings. The location holes for the float braces don't line up with the braces and the braces don't fit either where they should be. I filled the holes with some styrene and putty. I think I'll paint the braces by them selves and then modify them as needed to fit after the wings and floats are attached. First of three coats of primer is down.

He-115 (39)r.jpg

He-115 (40)r.jpg

Hootey hootey dyne der mighty snerblers and another healthy swath of bondo anda few shots of the water of life ! I think I put more mud and primer on the last car I painted ! Floats meet wings. Slowly rounding the course to the paint dept !

He-115 (44)r.jpg

He-115 (46)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back