**** DONE: GB-52 1:72 North American B-25J Mitchell - Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nose section mostly complete. As mentioned in a previous post Hasegawa/Eduard do not provide bombardier's panel in the kit so I had to scratch one. Here it is. I still have to add the nose MG and ammo belt and glass nose. Also, I removed some paint on the floor at the front section which is where the Norden Bombsight will be placed. The radio dials were taken from ANYZ 1/48 cockpit decals set.

20211230_133306x500.jpg

20211230_133146x500.jpg

20211230_133155x500.jpg

Very possible, although hard to tell. The nose escape hatch is certainly missing, and it may be that other Perspex panels have been "canibalised" for use as spares. The photo looks like it might have been taken during / after recovery from the belly landing - note what appears to be a crane or lifting jib in the background.

Very possible, although hard to tell. The nose escape hatch is certainly missing, and it may be that other Perspex panels have been "canibalised" for use as spares. The photo looks like it might have been taken during / after recovery from the belly landing - note what appears to be a crane or lifting jib in the background.
I think you're onto something. Landing gear door also seems to be missing, either the entire assembly or just the small door that stays open when the gear is down.

Thanks Guys.

Here she is in her bare aluminum paint finish. As you guys know when doing an all aluminum aircraft you are constantly fighting with sanding scratches, ghost seams, filler issues, poor paint coverage all of which show up exponentially in a bare aluminum paint scheme. It's taken a lot of time to get this stage but she's just about done. The painting of the wings wet great but the top of fuselage gave me fits. I have a few minor fixes to do there but I am mostly happy with the result. I also have some aluminum pigments I am going to use to polish some of the areas as well just to give it some variation. the polish tends to make some the areas darker. The wings and vertical stabs are just dry fitted at this stage.

20220107_133910a700.jpg

20220107_133845a700.jpg

Looking very good I guess you have enough confidence in the wing fit to leave it for after painting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back