**** DONE: GB-52 1/72 Vickers Wellington Mk.Ic - Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jock Tamson

Senior Airman
Jan 14, 2019
Scotland
User name Jock Tamson
First name - Greg
Category - Beginner
Manufacturer- Trumpeter
Scale - 1/72
Extras - OOTB

Hello again folks. I haven't been doing much modeling of late for various reasons but this GB gives me an opportunity to get back in the saddle 🙂.

This kit has been in the stash for quite a while, and needs building. The Wimpy holds some significance to me as my great uncle completed a tour of Ops in 1940 on the type with 75 Squadron.

Anyway I hope to get going shortly as I am in need of a distraction from work.

Cheers Greg 👋
IMG_20211105_174258.jpg
IMG_20211105_174409.jpg
IMG_20211105_134258.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one Greg.
I have a few detail photos I've taken, internal and external, if you need them, showing the RAFM example, and the "Loch Ness" aircraft and the other fuselage at Brooklands.

Nice one Greg.
I have a few detail photos I've taken, internal and external, if you need them, showing the RAFM example, and the "Loch Ness" aircraft and the other fuselage at Brooklands.
Cheers Terry 👍

any images would be good. Trumpeters colour call outs for the interior are vague at best so I would be keen to see what colour the fabric is On the insides.

Thanks Greg

OK Greg, leave it with me and I'll sort it. Having a few computer problems at the moment, especially loading pics to the forum, e-mails etc, so it may have to wat until I get the PC fixed, probably be the end of this coming week, or early the following week.
Meanwhile though, the colour of the fabric internally was a dull brownish red dope colour, with the geodetic frames in silver / bare alloy. Cockpit and bomb aimer position fittings, floor etc, were black, and the walkway in the rear fuselage was varnished wood.
Hope this helps.

OK Greg, leave it with me and I'll sort it. Having a few computer problems at the moment, especially loading pics to the forum, e-mails etc, so it may have to wat until I get the PC fixed, probably be the end of this coming week, or early the following week.
Meanwhile though, the colour of the fabric internally was a dull brownish red dope colour, with the geodetic frames in silver / bare alloy. Cockpit and bomb aimer position fittings, floor etc, were black, and the walkway in the rear fuselage was varnished wood.
Hope this helps.
Thanks very much Terry, much appreciated appreciated 👍 that info will let me get started this weekend.

Cheers Greg

Hey Greg, nice one. Terry helped me out a lot on my not yet finished Wellington build a few GBs back so you might find something of use there. On my phone right now so hard to find the link. I'll post it later if you don't find it first.

This can come in handy as well ...

Hey Greg, nice one. Terry helped me out a lot on my not yet finished Wellington build a few GBs back so you might find something of use there. On my phone right now so hard to find the link. I'll post it later if you don't find it first.
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your comments. I remember you doing a Wellington some time back I will have a look for it.

Cheers Greg 👍

This can come in handy as well ...

Thanks guys, those are real helpful. Andy you set the bar high with your build, which is very inspiring.

Cheers Greg 👋

So, work has commenced on my Wimpy without any drama. I followed Andy's lead and removed the second control column, and rudder pedals.

So far so good ☺️

IMG_20211106_162129.jpg

IMG_20211106_160846.jpg

IMG_20211110_180406.jpg

Thanks for looking 🤓 cheers Greg

Looking good so far.
I'm afraid I'm still having PC problems, so can't provide those detail pics yet. I can't remember if I posted them in Andy's thread, or sent them to him via e-mail - maybe Andy can post them on my behalf ?

Looking good so far.
I'm afraid I'm still having PC problems, so can't provide those detail pics yet. I can't remember if I posted them in Andy's thread, or sent them to him via e-mail - maybe Andy can post them on my behalf ?
No worries Terry I had a look at Andy's thread, and will refer it again. Great photos and general info there.

Cheers Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back