**** DONE: GB-52 1/72 Vickers Wellington Mk.Ic - Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So now the main camo is on. The black is Tamiya NATO black and looks about right to my little eye for bomber command black. It's like a very dull dark grey, and a wee bit patchy in places. The rest is Revell dark earth and NATO green. All acrylics brush painted. There's still some touch ups required here and there but the whole thing is moving in the right direction.

IMG_20211210_105441.jpg

IMG_20211210_105511.jpg

IMG_20211210_105459.jpg

Thanks for looking 🤓

Cheers Greg 👍

Last edited:
Good evening all, I hope you have enjoyed your weekend. Back to work for me tomorrow until Christmas Eve then I'm off for a fortnight ☺️ the Wimpy is almost done bar the obvious from the pics below. A question to those with more knowledge first. Did Bomber Command aircraft have yellow tips on the propellor blades? It's not clear from the instructions and thinking about it I would expect two spinning yellow discs could be a bit of a giveaway at night.

Anyway here's a couple of photos, apologies for the lighting. Even in daylight at this time of year it's a bit dull at this time of day.

IMG_20211219_155717.jpg

IMG_20211219_155702.jpg

Thanks for looking, cheers🍺 Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back