**** DONE: GB-53 1/32 Fw190F-8 - Eastern Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep ...

fw190F-8.jpg

OK.. have you glued the part to the fuselage yet?
Let's say I've been trying. You are supposed to install the bay before you put the wing on. If I had done that, well let's just say things might have gone better. You could clamp from the bottom and should hold. The wing may have been a bit tighter fit afterwards.

Oh .. now I grasped. I have noticed that the entire port fuselage half is sticking out at the front. Perhaps "letting-up" of the half at the wing root and using of a clamp could help

Can I make a suggestion re holding in place while glue sets. Use some thin plastic coated wire wrapped diagonally round the wing and fuselage and place some strips of cardboard under the wire to help protect the fuselage side and wing edges. the joining the wire in a twist, gently twist it in until the joint close. It could be a bit of a pain to get it all together but if it works, it would be worth the effort. Just a thought as it is a big kit and a great model and the effort and detail you have put in so far would be a shame to know it is marred by this error.

Can I make a suggestion re holding in place while glue sets. Use some thin plastic coated wire wrapped diagonally round the wing and fuselage and place some strips of cardboard under the wire to help protect the fuselage side and wing edges. the joining the wire in a twist, gently twist it in until the joint close. It could be a bit of a pain to get it all together but if it works, it would be worth the effort. Just a thought as it is a big kit and a great model and the effort and detail you have put in so far would be a shame to know it is marred by this error.
Thanks for the input but the wing is too far back and too far forward. it won't give the clamping to the area needed (already looked at something like you suggested). I'm going to try either SG gel or epoxy. I picked up some SG accelerator to try. We'll see.

OK, so I tried CA with accelerator, NO GO. Geo's input for two part epoxy was the key. I did not want to do that as I have arthritis bad in my left thumb and I have to hold it in my left had to get it ti set but I managed to hold it for 30 minutes to cure. So onward and up ward well see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back